few ideas how to make fedora better as a desktop

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Wed Mar 26 23:38:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:32 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Nah.. why take the simple way. In fact.. why have /bin and /usr/bin..
> no one who counts really uses them as seperate things? We should just
> have everything in one or the other. I mean put everything in /bin
> that is executable. Create a /share and we don't really need /usr
> anymore either.

Since nobody else has played the standards cop >;) ...

RedHat is LSB compliant.  LSB requires FHS compliance.  FHS dictates
where stuff goes.  I suppose you could submit a patch upstream ;)

--Tim
/ How many chunks could checkchunk check if checkchunk could check chunks? \
\         -- Alan Cox                                                      /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )