Res: Suggestion Next Release

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 27 21:28:18 UTC 2008

Dimi Paun wrote:
> If by maintainers you mean packagers, then yeah, you have a point.
> But the point of the discussion was to convince them. Did we hear
> from them, BTW?

No.  Which is why all of this back and forth is wasted effort and makes
no difference whatsoever. The effective way to reach the maintainers
(can be more than one person) is to check bugzilla and file a bug
report. For any package I would maintain, I would take good arguments
over any number of polls. In fact a poll on slashdot would reduce your
chances considering the amount of fabricated nonsense that gets passed
on there as news.

Rahul