Directory structures in the future and other things I want.

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 00:26:32 UTC 2008

2008/3/27 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 18:05 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>  > [But on the other hand.. is /system/programs, /system/documents,
>  > /system/configurations (or some shorter version config) more
>  > understandable to a human new to computers or is /usr/etc ]
>
>  And then you'll find people wanting to translate that per local to make
>  sense for them...  (already happened with pre-created directories in
>  homedirs as part of xdg)

Hehe.. yes.. I can see the next gen filesystem that stores directories
like .desktops

[Inode Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Directory
Permissions=0755
Owner=root
Group=root
Selinux0=system_u
Selinux1=object_r
Selinux2=configurations_t
Parent=system
Name=configurations
Name[en_C]=etc

Or does this infringe on patent #234234358915-13490 A filesystem
method to allow for local and internationalized names.

Sorry if I got your dander up.