Fedora Development Process

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 28 09:30:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:43:45AM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>> No, it meant F9 development was begun and rawhide was branched away from
>> F8 on that date; it meant rawhide could be messed with without effecting
>> F8.
>
> Wow, sorry disregard this TV-while-typing nonsense (I should answer
> questions I think about and know the answer for).  I think that what you
> said Axel would be correct, in that dist-f10 should be available for
> packages to branch to after april 8 but rawhide will stay dist-f9 until
> release date.  But any changes made in 'rawhide' or dist-f9 branches would
> still effect f9.  But someone clearly needs to confirm what I just said...

Actually what I want to know is when could I start committing/building
in CVS' devel w/o hurting F9.

More specificially I wanted to submit freenx-server/client packages,
which while still close to the old packaged "freenx" could carry some
new bugs which I'd like some rawhide/updates-testing time to sort out.

The bad thing about shortly before a release is that you don't have
updates-testing until release day.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net