Proposal: Bodhi Anonymous Karma

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:14:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 17:44 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 19:19 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Josh Boyer <jwboyer <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > I have another proposal I'm in the middle of writing for how to deal
> > > with negative karma votes.  It's essentially "negative karma votes
> > > require a bugzilla entry".
> >
> > That's a bad idea, the reason for a negative karma vote is not always a bug,
> > for example, packages can be -1ed for reasons like "this shouldn't go out
> > before package Y goes out, please either add Y to this update or hold it until
> > the Y update gets pushed".
>
> +1.

Ok, two things:

1) You're commenting and plus-1'ing a proposal completely separate from
the one in the subject that hasn't even been written yet.  Please hold
off on that or start a new thread.

2) The reason cited above should be considered a bug in bodhi, because
depsolving should be done before it's allowed to push.

josh