Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 23:42:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I just installed the Fedora 9 Beta release and am doing a full system
> update as we speak.
> While downloading the updates nothing is wrong.. it just downloads and
> that's it. But when installing the updates i get a ton of selinux
> notices!! and this is just a default Fedora 9 beta followed by a yum
> -y update.

Are you suggesting there are...bugs in the beta? That's an outrageous
accusation to make!
Oh wait.. not it isn't.  I'm sure there a set of bugs tracking selinux
issues that you should probably check.  There's also the test mailinglist
where you could post avc messages and try to get other people to help you
figure out why you are seeing them and if the underlying issue is a bug that
has been fixed in a subsequent rawhide update.

> Also another issue that i noticed was when looking at a flash
> animation in firefox.. when i want to play the animation selinux
> (again) drops in and tells me i can't. (or i need to run a command to
> get it working).

Is this adobe's proprietary flash perchance?

-jef