Multilib Middle-Ground

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 1 15:20:30 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> umm, okay. But no one here controls the vmware package. Hell, speaking
>> for just me, I don't even CARE about vmware.
>
> I read that as "I don't care about fedora users" that want to run
> applications of their choice.  Whether that's what you mean or not, I
> suspect I'm not the only one who sees that as the end result.

This is just silly. Any advice on how VMWare should split it's package
is completely offtopic for this list. Nobody here can do anything about
how VMWare chooses to package anything.

  If fedora
> doesn't care about its users it will simply be irrelevant. If you want a
> hint about how others feel, go to the distrowatch.com page and adjust
> the time span setting to something recent on the part that shows
> interest in various distributions.

Also read the distrowatch FAQ while you are at it that explains how
unimportant it is. If you really believe the top most distribution in
that list is the most popular globally, good luck.

Rahul