Multilib Middle-Ground

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:45:59 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Les Mikesell <lesmikesell <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> I read that as "I don't care about fedora users" that want to run
>> applications of their choice.
>
> Where have you seen "proprietary software" in the Fedora Objectives? You can't
> fault Fedora maintainers for not caring about the applications of your choice
> if said applications are proprietary.

As I said in the previous message, this isn't limited to proprietary
software, it affects everything that you don't want to recompile and
repackages for every distro/version.  And more to the point, such things
should be the user's choice, and the distribution either works to
support users or not.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com