F9 nfs, rpcbind, NetworkManager

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon May 5 18:03:27 UTC 2008

On the machines I put all my nfs mounting into rc.local so that nfs
mounts are available at login.  With F9 I notice that all the nfs mount
requests in rc.local die with 'mount.nfs: internal error'.  When I look
at the log during the bootup sequence I see that rpcbind says that it
cannot access the machines IP.  Right after that NetworkManager starts.
And shortly after that rc.local runs.  Somehow this sequence is causing
problems for mounting nfs directories.  Once I get logged in, I can run
the mount commands manually and they succeed but the same commands fail
from rc.local.

Regards,
Gerry