Kerneloops?

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:47:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 02:01:22PM -0500, Dr. Diesel wrote:
>   > On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
>   > > Dr. Diesel wrote:
>   > >  > Had a Kerneloops message pop up today, said something about a critical
>   > >  > error, didn't bother to tell me what the error was!
>   > >  >
>   > >  > Where is this stored, doesn't seem to be in the normal log locations?
>   > >
>   > >  kerneloops sends oopses to kerneloops.org, if you let it (did it ask?)
>   > >
>   > >  I've never actually seen the kerneloops-applet in action, dunno what it
>   > >  says or looks like... if it's not helpful or confusing I suppose that
>   > >  should be fixed.  :)
>   > >
>   > >  It should also be in the "normal" places, /var/log/messages or at least
>   > >  the console.
>   > >
>   > >  -Eric
>   >
>   > Guess I thought there would have been a /var/log/kerneloops or something!
>   >
>   > Kerneloops --help and man kerneloops don't exist!
>   >
>   > Nothing kerneloops specific in /var/log/messages  Tons of GDM debug though...
>
>  grep for kernel: in there, and you should turn up something.
>

>   > I let it submit to Kerneloops.org, GUI looked nice
>
>  good to know we at least look good when we fail :)
>
>         Dave

[root at localhost ~]# grep -i "kernel" /var/log/messages
May  4 04:10:31 localhost kernel: imklog 3.14.1, log source =
/proc/kmsg started.
May  4 04:10:31 localhost kernel: Inspecting
/boot/System.map-2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64
May  4 04:10:31 localhost kernel: Loaded 28121 symbols from
/boot/System.map-2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64.
May  4 04:10:31 localhost kernel: Symbols match kernel version 2.6.25.
May  4 04:10:31 localhost kernel: No module symbols loaded - kernel
modules not enabled.
May  5 12:44:56 localhost kerneloops: Submitted 2 kernel oopses to
www.kerneloops.org

The only kernel module I have is VirtualBox.

Andy

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org