Maintainer Responsibility Policy

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Tue May 6 13:58:57 UTC 2008

Brian Pepple wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 15:10 +0200, Xavier Lamien wrote:
>
>>              * Packages should be pushed to the Rawhide branch first.
>>         If it
>>                builds and works fine for a few days, then it can be
>>         pushed to
>>                F(current). If there is a good reason to push it to
>>                F(current-1), it should be done after a few days of
>>         being in
>>                F(current).
>>
>> I think you should also mention the act of "pushing to testing" repo
>> for each current fedora release.
>>

> Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I believe when that section was written,
> Bodhi wasn't even around (which tells you how long this proposal has
> been around).  I'll add a note.

A restriction of "few days" might complicate the maintainer work. It is
much more easy to compile for all the branches at one time, rather than
to plan it for 3 different days. IMO it would be better if such a
delaying will be performed automatically at "updates-testing-->updates"
stage...

~buc
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmitryButskoy