FESCo Proposal for blocking older version of autoconf & automake

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu May 8 19:50:42 UTC 2008

On 05/07/2008 08:37 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 07:58 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>>>  That's the core points the autotools are after and upstreams should be
>>>  after - Of cause, these aspects are not of much importance if your
>>>  target audience is Linux-only.
>> Ralf, there are many more important things to work on.  End user
>> visible impact of everyone spending time mucking with build systems: 0
>
> May-be on the isolate island planet of RH ...
>
> It might be inconvenient news to you, but there is more than Fedora.

+100.  Ralf, if you think this is important, please work on it.  I have
zero objections to that.  I've already provided the link to the stalled
upstream bug several times in this thread.

My guess though is that in practice, you agree there are other more
important things to work on and likely won't spend time on it at all.