Orphaned package still in the repo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri May 9 21:22:12 UTC 2008

Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> I orphaned gnome-ppp on April, 5th, nevertheless it was copied to the F9
> and Rawhide repos on April 15th. Why? The program is dead upstream and
> I'd like to get rid of this package ASAP, if possible before F9.

You can't remove packages from released versions, and as far as I know it's too
late to get the package blocked from F9 too now (you can ask rel-eng for
confirmation, but I believe the Everything repo is already being synced to
mirrors), you can only get it blocked from F10 on.

Blocking packages (i.e. making them disappear from Rawhide and future releases)
can only be done by Release Engineering, you have to request it from them.

        Kevin Kofler