Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sun May 11 00:36:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008 13:23:59 -0800
"Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/5/10 Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu>:
> > As a side question to this - Will fedora continue to push xorg updates for
> > F9 after release?
>
> I simply cannot fathom why this question even needs to be asked.

Maybe, just maybe, the asker doesn't follow Fedora regularly.  Maybe
they don't understand our update policies and infrastructures.  Maybe
they're coming directly from a different operating system and this is
their first exposure to Fedora and Linux.

So, rather than monologue about past history and examples and give them
a dictation of why xorg is packaged they way it is and generally treat
them as if they were simpletons, maybe you could just answer:

"Yes.  We continue to push updates after a release based on several
factors. This includes many things like Xorg and the kernel."

And then maybe you would have been helpful enough with that answer that
the asker would see Fedora is a welcoming place.  And maybe we would
have garnered another user.  So next time you're fathoming, maybe you
can fathom that not everyone uses Linux on a daily basis, and new users
do come along.

Maybe.

josh