Getting ikvm back into rawhide correctly

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon May 12 09:17:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm part way there with a little bit of force! There seems to be two
main problems, one is a show stopper, the other a pain which can be
worked around.

The showstopper is that the build script requires javac. I can fix that
if I knew what the java byte compiler that is shipped with Fedora is. I
know we have gcj and the open sourced java compiler, but I'm not sure if
they ship with javac (or an implementation thereof).

The second which can be worked around is that ikvm ships with prebuilt
binaries bits. Okay, not a biggie, as the documentation says that it
doesn't need it, but refers to it, so I just need to put the class
library into a Requires field and that should do it.

Any help on these would be appreciated.

TTFN

Paul