FC10: strange cmake error

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon May 12 12:38:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:16 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> > I am facing a strange cmake-related error when trying to upgrade
> > OpenSceneGraph to version 2.4.0 on FC10:
>
> That's cmake 2.6.0 being stricter than 2.4.x.
>
> The solutions probably include either locating and removing the offending extra
> space or turning that policy off.
>
> If you can't figure it out, I can help you fix this (having accumulated cmake
> experience from comaintaining KDE 4 ;-) ).

Please do so, ... I can't spot any offending extra space related to
pthread in the entire source tree:

# find \( -name 'CMake*' -o -name '*.cmake' \) -exec grep -H pthread {} \;
./CMakeLists.txt:# library is not necessary. We currently don't case for pthreads on Windows
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt:            OPTION(OPENTHREADS_USE_SPROC_INSTEAD_OF_PTHREADS "Set to ON to build OpenThreads against sproc instead of pthreads" OFF)
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt:    # So I think Cygwin wants to use pthreads
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt:        SUBDIRS(pthreads)
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt:            SUBDIRS(pthreads)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_yield HAVE_PTHREAD_YIELD)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:  # sched_yield appears not in libc, pthreads or whatever on some systems
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:  # need to have that for pthread_setaffinity_np on linux
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_setconcurrency HAVE_PTHREAD_SETCONCURRENCY)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_getconcurrency HAVE_PTHREAD_GETCONCURRENCY)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_setaffinity_np HAVE_PTHREAD_SETAFFINITY_NP)

Sources can be found in Fedora's CVS (OpenSceneGraph/devel).

Ralf