Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Jason Corley jason.corley at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:16:34 UTC 2008

> Nicolas, I believe you're wrong. I can't find a single revision by devrim that syncs from the JPackage spec[1]_ to the Fedora spec.

Yes if you focus only on the current maintainer's history of
collaboration with JPackage you won't find any.  However the following
shows what used to happen:

    http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?rev=1.97&view=markup

   "Import and merge 0:5.5.23-9jpp from JPP."

    http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?rev=1.95&view=markup

    "Merge with latest from JPP"

    http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?rev=1.94&view=markup

    "Merge with upstream"

    http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?rev=1.91&view=markup

    "Merge with upstream"

There are many more where I know a merge occurred that wasn't
explicitly stated because I worked with Fernando, Vivek, etc. to make
the change happen (one example is the jump from 5.0.x to 5.5.x that
occurred between revisions 1.58 and 1.59).

On the JPackage side here is an example of getting those updates from
Fedora back into JPackage to benefit a wider audience:

    http://www.jpackage.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/rpms/free/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?revision=1.3.2.24&root=jpackage&view=markup&pathrev=r5_5_25-1jpp

    "bug 276: broken admin webapp (Vivek Lakshmanan)"

Granted I probably could have phrased that in a more explicit manner,
I just didn't know back then I'd be having this discussion.
Jason