Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 14 05:06:53 UTC 2008

max wrote:

>>> It doesn't look anything like that if you are paying any attention at
>>> all. Again, cut the drama. Constantly throwing insults at a project
>>> just because you have different opinions on how it should be done
>>> isn't the way to present anything much less act as a user
>>> representative.
>>
>> I'm trying to be realistic, not insulting.  I just think that needing
>> to use 3rd party apps is common and thus representative for users.
>> How else is there to present that other than to bring up difficulties?
>>
>>> Besides you can't really be a user representative without being a
>>> real regular user yourself.
>>
>> I use FC6 daily.
>>
> Why no upgrade?Just curious.

I've been through all the previous versions and had enough bad
experiences to expect it to take a couple of days to get things working
and haven't had the time to kill.  Most of the machines I manage are
running Centos and I don't like having big differences between machines.
     Plus, for a long time I couldn't find a jpackage repo config for
fedora versions past fc6.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com