rawhide bugs becoming F-9 bugs

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu May 15 03:37:23 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:49:48PM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
>> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Some rawhide bugs are turned into F-9 bugs (automatically). It is wrong,
>>> rawhide bugs should be converted much sooner, maybe during final freeze,
>>> now rawhide bugs are for F-10 and shouldn't be turned into F-9 bugs.
>> We had intended for this event to coincide with the unfreezing of
>> rawhide for F10 content.  Unfortunately, due to some technical
>
> I think that you should do this before, when cvs branching has been
> done and devel branch is for the next release, indeed at that point, and
> even though rawhide is still frozen work has begun on rawhide (you just
> have to look at the amount of change in the first update...).

There were MANY duplicate bugs and some new bugs filed against rawhide which are
F9 bugs in the last week before release... doing that change early would
completely defeat the purpose of doing it at all.  IMO the week of release might
work fine, but there will always be some overlap that occurs when the bug triage
people try to do this task.  If they go early, then some F9 bugs will stay
rawhide and should not.  If they go later, then the first early filed F10 bugs
might get changed...

It would be better for people to seriously take a breather and wait on reporting
F10 bugs on that first repo build for F10... there will obviously be many bugs
and it'd be simpler to start posting them a week after the release.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29