rawhide bugs becoming F-9 bugs

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu May 15 09:02:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 08:37:23PM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:

> There were MANY duplicate bugs and some new bugs filed against rawhide
> which are F9 bugs in the last week before release... doing that change

But aren't they rawhide bugs too? It is much better to have those bugs
opened against the latest version of fedora, having to go through
bugzilla just to say "hey, don't close my bug" as unfrequently as
possible seems better to me.

> occurs when the bug triage people try to do this task.  If they go early,
> then some F9 bugs will stay rawhide and should not.

That seems almost impossible to me since, at this stage rawhide and F-9
are almost the same, bug-wise.

> It would be better for people to seriously take a breather and wait on
> reporting F10 bugs on that first repo build for F10... there will obviously
> be many bugs and it'd be simpler to start posting them a week after the
> release.

No, especially enhancements, packaging bugs. In any case these are the
kind of bugs that are filled against rawhide after the cvs branch moves.
They are likely to be targeted for rawhide, while usual bugs are likely
to be targeted for both rawhide and F-9, so it seems much better to me
to have them be kept in rawhide.

--
Pat