F8->F9 yum upgrade notes: bluecurve lost etc.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 16 21:12:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 15:14:43 +0300 (EEST)
pekkas at netcore.fi (Pekka Savola) wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Pekka Savola <pekkas <at> netcore.fi> writes:
> >>   - The Bluecurve theme appears to have disappeared in a strange
> >> way. When you log in using an old user that had used bluecurve,
> >> all windows lacked the header (w/ the buttons) on top.  Changing
> >> to 'Default' with Settings - Window Manager Settings fixed this,
> >> and when I next looked at the settings, bluecurve had already
> >> disppeared from selection. Some other user might not have realized
> >> what has gone wrong. Shouldn't there be an automatic transition
> >> path out if bluecurve no longer works?
> >
> > Is that in KDE? The KDE 4 version of the theme is called
> > quarticurve-kwin-theme, it should have replaced the old
> > bluecurve-kwin-theme automatically, you can set the theme in the
> > options.
>
> This is xfce; kde is installed but not in use.

Sadly, the Xfce bluecurve theme used to be included in the xfwm4
package, which was not a good idea moving ahead. ;(

It's not been the default for quite some time, and has since been
removed from there. The only way we could keep pulling it in would be
to add a hard dependency on it, but thats not a nice thing for new
installs/new users moving forward. ;(

You should be able to install the '*bluecurve*' packages to get it
back...

kevin