Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Wed May 21 12:07:08 UTC 2008

> Note also, this situation would have been even less painful if
> xorg-drv-{nv,nouveau} actually worked sensibly even in 2D.  #182517 is
> getting pretty old and #234824 is just painful.

The first is a chipset issue that nvidia have never fixed. It only seems
to happen on the 6150s and no fix has ever been sighted.

The second bug should be fixed in the rawhide nouveau package, which
I'll push into F9 at some point soon, randr should be enabled by default
now so we actually use the hardware instead of just doing what the BIOS
told us to do. I meant to enable randr12 by default for F9, but I messed
up :-(. I'll fix this soon.

Dave.