Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed May 21 18:05:28 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> said:
> That has nothing to do with what I said.  I'm suggesting that fedora
> should ship with interfaces that are publicized as standard, and allow
> time for changes in this standard to propagate before shipping something
> different from the standard.

The Fedora and X developers did publicize the change several months ago.
The X.org code has been available for testing, and Fedora has had
several test releases with the code integrated.

What more do you expect?  Do they have to take out an ad in the New York
Times or send certified snail mail to nVidia?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>