Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu May 22 04:55:08 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > So, this is now irrelevant for
> > the discussion (because it does not materially change the outcome of
> > the drivers not being ready at F9 release time).
>
> I don't think anyone can support that claim, given Nvida's public
> statement that they would target the X release.

You don't seem to get that all this talk about prereleases on their part is
just a lame excuse, they didn't behave any differently in the past when what
Fedora released was an official X.Org X11 release. The only thing you can
possibly fault Fedora and/or X.Org for in this situation is having given NVidia
a convenient excuse for their incompetence, laziness, greediness or whatever
you want to call it.

        Kevin Kofler