Plan for tomorrows (20080522) FESCO meeting

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:53:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:42 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> I assume Alex won't be including an interpreter for closed-source ACPI
> bytecode in his kernel. So it's likely to have problems on a lot of i386
> and x86_64 machines. Should be OK on PPC though :)

It would however be fascinating to see how many machines fall over and
die in the attempt.  I like your action plan concerning the firmware
conversion, but what the hell do i know.  If your plan ever makes it
to an upstream technical discussion, I want to make sure I know about
so I can read along.

-jef