Plan for tomorrows (20080522) FESCO meeting

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri May 23 09:12:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:36:38PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> Which just goes to support my claim that it's very unlikely that the
> changes that remove non-Free blobs from the kernel just won't be
> accepted.

Well that mostly depends if the people doing the work are prepared to
be rational about it and submit request_firmware() based support, test it
and identify the additional files needed.

So far all we've had from the "Free software extremist" side has been
- stupid patches to just remove stuff
- insults
- long political arguments on a technical list
- people saying "we" (being some undefined 'kernel community' with whom they
apparently think they have a service contract) should fix it.

Alan