libflashsupport

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sat May 24 00:24:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23.05.08 20:11, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams (ivazqueznet at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 01:54 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Adobe Flash 10 doesn't need libflashsupport anymore to work fine on
> > ALSA ioplug-based backends such as pulse.
>
> Presumably it's still needed for SSL and V4L though.

Flash comes internally with support for SSL, V4L and ALSA. The only
reason I hacked up libflashsupport is to add PulseAudio support. I
never touched the SSL/V4L part of libflashsupport however. And for
Flash 10 we don't need specific Pulse support anymore, since they
fixed the way they are using the ALSA API. And hence we don't need
libflashsupport at all anymore, and let Flash use SSL, V4L and ALSA
directly again.

Lennart