LiveUSB Trouble

Brad Longo Bl0ngo067 at aim.com
Tue May 27 01:40:04 UTC 2008

I am trying to create a live USB stick, but I am having some issues.
First I will say how I made it and then maybe someone can tell me what I
may have done wrong or if there is a bug.

I tried to use Revisor, but it just doesn't show up for this reason:
(revisor:4312): Gdk-WARNING **: DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID contains invalid
UTF-8
I downloaded it from the repos btw.

So instead I downloaded the livecd-tools and went from there.  I ran the
following:
$ su
$ livecd-creator \
    --config=/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-desktop.ks \
    --fslabel=Fedora 9 LiveCD

$parted /dev/sdb
    (parted) toggle 1 boot
    (parted) quit
$livecd-iso-to-disk Fedora-9-LiveCD.iso /dev/sdb1

I ran all of this successfully without any errors.

$ qemu -hda /dev/sdb1 -std-vga

When I try to run qemu I get:
qemu: could not open disk image /dev/sdb1

Does anyone have any idea as to why it does not boot the image?

--
Brad Longo
Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mathematics