Fedora 10 and flash?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue May 27 14:53:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 03:34 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I'm not even sure we would need to run a service actually, if a client
> side firefox extension could intercept the plugin request and
> translate it into a packaging provides to send to packagekit.  This is
> something to bring up with the packagekit developers.

Sure, it's trivial to add as long as there are rpm virtual provides, for
instance, you could have all three flash packages provide
browser-plugin-flash and then hook this in to PackageKit trivially.

Then you just need to convert the plugin request -> rpm provide and then
just tell PackageKit what provide you want installing. It'll even show
the user a menu with choice if there's more than one package providing
this.

Yell if you are interested making this work.

Richard.