Announcing a new F-10 Feature Proposal: Better Webcam Support

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue May 27 15:22:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 07:34:27AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >Do you have a list of those apps? Both the proprietary ones and the Open
> >Source ones. For the latter, it could be more interesting to create a
> >guide for the conversion from V4L1 to V4L2, and see whether Fedora
> >maintainers of those projects can help out with the conversion, or at
> >least submit it upstream for consideration.
> >

> No list atm, noteworthy closed source ones are flash (adobe version) and
> skype.

skype works fine for me on F9 x86_64 with both my laptop's integrated
webcam (Dell XPS M1330 with the thinner screen and VGA webcam) as well
as a "Creative Live! Cam Video IM Pro" I picked up at Frys this
morning for my kids.  I did have to upgrade skype to the latest beta
though.

Ekiga works fine with both too.

--
Matt Domsch