perl DateTime packaging question

David Mansfield fedora at dm.cobite.com
Tue May 27 20:45:02 UTC 2008

I've read the Packaging/Perl guidelines and one thing isn't clear to me
(specifically, it relates to perl-DateTime package).

Under what circumstances are separate modules (i.e. bundled separately
at CPAN) published together in one RPM, and when should it be different
RPMs?

In this case, DateTime, DateTime-TimeZone and DateTime-Locale are all
part of perl-DateTime, but they are different CPAN  'entities' with
different release schedules, tarballs, authors etc.

Is this just an issue of packager discretion?

Thanks,
David