Suggestion with respect to the Fedora Update System

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 29 22:59:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, G wrote:
> specifiy whats the enhnacement is about. I did notice that there are
> some bug fixes too made which has got the word "bugfix" but does not
> map to a Bug ID i.e, the Bug ID is not mentioned in the updates. It

I am using "bugfix" also if the package fixes an upstream bug or multiple
of them and I surely won't open a bug report to myself to clone the maybe
or maybe not existing upstream bug report. If upstream says, the release is
a bugfix release, I'm marking as such. And if I've a bug report in Red Hat
Bugzilla to it, I'll mention it, if there's none, it's not my problem.

IMHO, you first should make the possibility to reference to upstream bug
tracking tools and hey, there is a DESCRIPTION field as well which can be
used to put information into. You don't always need a fscking bug report -
sorry ;-)

Sorry, but I'm pissed off by bodhi, because pushing e.g. security updates
takes sometimes very long or same for feature updates. This was also in
some discussion with Paul W. Frields here around LinuxTag as a problem for
us as packagers. Maybe we can get rid of the REAL problems first before
messing around with possible "features". Thank you.

Greetings,
  Robert