Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sat May 31 01:24:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 17:17:42 -0700
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Let the naming begin!  We're starting very early this time around in
> > the name game for F10.  So, let the suggestions flow!
>
> This is the second or third time I have entirely missed the naming discussion.
>
> Why?
>
> Not all contributors slavishly read every word on fedora-devel-list.
>
> Next time, PLEASE, a cross-project announcement is in order.  Otherwise
> you disenfranchise every project that does not have f-devel-l as their
> primary project list.
>
> Previously it was suggested that the people who make the distribution
> should be involved in the naming, that is why it is not on e.g.
> fedora-list.  These days, I can't see how we can imagine making a distro
> without all of the other subprojects.  Why should we name the distro
> without them?

Hi,

Apparently humans make mistakes.  I'm told this is a result of many
different things, including fat fingers and this very irritating
problem of not having perfect memories.

So.  Apologies.  It wasn't intentional.  If you'd like, I'll extend the
deadline for another 4 days and you can forward the initial
announcement to whatever lists you'd like.  Just make sure the replies
get to me so I can collect them.

josh