Interest in Cell architecture SIG

Aidan Delaney a.j.delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Sat May 31 12:34:07 UTC 2008

Dear all,
	I have mutilated Jakub Jelinek's excellent binutils and gcc packages to
create binutils-spu and gcc-spu.  Both mutant packages need a
significant amount of polishing.  However, I'm wondering if others are
interested in a Fedora tool chain for the Cell processor?  I'm primarily
interested in the PS3 architecture.
	So
(a) Are you interested in a Fedora Architecture SIG for Cell who would
test and maintain a SPU tool chain, and
(b) Are you interested in taking the route I've taken in constructing a
tool chain for Fedora (GCC 4.3 based) rather than supporting the IBM
Cell SDK (GCC 4.1 based)?

--
Aidan Delaney