rawhide / 10 beta suspend resume problem (ATI Radeon M300)

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 10:02:11 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've seen on-list reports of changes in the kernel and ati driver
(mode switching etc) and assumed they were trying to address the
suspend issues. Is there a bug for this or some other forum of
discussion. I'm still seeing failure to resume with a characteristic
blinking blue and yellow barcode type pattern (and a solitary beep) on
resume. The system locks up completely afterwards.

It's been like this for the last few kernels but has definitely been
improving since I used pre-upgrade to switch from '9' to 10 beta.

Here's my hardware details:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_44edc881-6d87-4d54-b878-9dda238ef4d0

The display is a largeish 1920x1200 panel, the machine has 2Gb RAM if
that makes a difference.

Is there anything I can do to help diagnose or fix the problem?

Mode switching works fine BTW. Apart from this resume issue the F10
beta is looking very impressive indeed. Great progress.

Thanks in advance,

-Cam