Rubygems >= 1.3.0 for Merb

Jesse Hutton jesselist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 20:52:30 UTC 2008

Merb 1.0 was just released yesterday and it requires Rubygems >= 3.0.

I have very little experience messing with spec files, but I tried modifying
rubygems-1.2.0-2.fc10.src.rpm to build the 1.3.1 tgz. I adapted the noarch
patch to rubygems-1.3.1, but ran into some difficulty building the rpm. The
patch applied fine, but the install files seemed to be in different
directories than what was expected in the spec file (the gem binary was in
/bin and ubygems.rb, rubygems.rb, rubygems, and rubyconfig also were in
paths without a '/usr' prefix). After adjusting rubygems.spec to find the
files in the right directories, it built and installed. But, perhaps
unsurprisingly, stuff was in the wrong directory, eg gem was in /bin, etc.

I am running Rawhide (up to date as of today, 11/8) on x86_64, so the noarch
patch does affect where gems end up on my system. Does anyone know how to
build rubygems-1.3.1 correctly into an rpm? Or will 1.3.1 be making it's way
into F10 in the near future?

Jesse