Segfault with alliance on liveDVD

Thibault North tnorth at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 10 00:24:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

We have as part of FEL a package (alliance), which works well on Rawhide, but
crashes (segfault) on our liveDVD. (built from rawhide also.)

There must be a required file or something like that missing, but for now we
don't know which one.

We are looking for pointers on how to resolve that kind of issue. Have been
explored for now: valgrind[1] and strace[2][3] on rawhide and that liveDVD.

Valgrind complains about a "source and destination overlap" happening in
libXm.so.2.0.1 before the crash.

Strace shows some differences before the load (or crash) of the program, but
I’ve not been able to spot something interesting enough in it.

Any idea on how to fix that ?

Cheers,
Thibault

[1] http://tnorth.ch/fel/graal.valgrind
[2] Working on Rawhide http://tnorth.ch/fel/graal.ok.strace
[3] Segfault-ing on liveDVD http://tnorth.ch/fel/graal.strace

Tested version: last build of alliance (.22) on i386.
graal, the executable used here is part of the alliance package.

List of installed packages on Rawhide (where graal works):
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/nirik
List of the install packages on the livedvd (where graal segfaults)
http://tnorth.ch/fel/livedvd