Proposal: Rolling Release

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Nov 10 18:23:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 08:08:51PM +0200, Pavel Shevchuk wrote:

> Recently nagios got updated from 2.x to 3.x branch in RPMForge EL
> repository and yum-cron pulled it in automagically. Result is broken
> monitoring tool i don't have time/will to repair. I don't want to my

This can also happen in fedora, it is common to have package changes
applied to 'stable' branches. Also I don't think this is what the person
you responded to had in mind, indeed a 'rocksolid' (or even a 'stable'?)
release would certainly be a release where updating packages to the
latest version is avoided.

--
Pat