db-compat

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 15:39:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:03:44AM +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It would seem we're no longer shipping libdb-4.1.so, whereas we do have
> > 4.2, 4.3, and 4.5 in that db4 compatibility package. I wound up just
> > stealing the binary from an older RPM and copying it in place.
> >
> > Anyway, software like Xilinx's ISE/EDK would like it back :)
> >
> > Jon.
>
> Jindrich Novy, can you package it for us, please ?
> Xilinx ISE/EDK is also an important tool for me :)

not a problem. I needed to change the compat-db structure anyway to be
easily extendable for older BDBs. Actually the current rawhide
compat-db is just a dummy package containing only Requires to
compat-db45 and compat-db46. It doesn't seem to be too hard to add
compat-db41, 42 and 43 subpackages. But I will let the main compat-db
be dependent on the 4.5 and 4.6 BDBs only, so that the older
compat-dbs would need to be installed/required separately.

HTH,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/