starting Fedora Server SIG

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Nov 13 14:11:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:00:19PM +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 08:49:47AM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 02:27:42PM +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
> > > Crucial thing is static IPs which NM can't handle.
> >
> > False.
> >

> Interesting, could you please point me how can I assign static IP to
> interface handled by NM?

Well, for system-wide connections which you would presumably want for
a server, you edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* as usual and
NM will bring the interface up at boot.

>From the desktop, you can Edit Connections and create a new static
connection and select it instead of the System or Auto connection
which is very handy when moving between networks that don't support
DHCP.