PackageKit 0.3.10 in Fedora 9

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:22:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 12:12 -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> I set it to hourly.  I haven't yet waited an hour, but the issue here
> is that I resumed from suspend-to-ram, and it didn't immedately check.

Right, by default it waits 10 minutes in this case. You can change this
number by editing /apps/gnome-packagekit/session_startup_timeout.

> I would expect it to immediately check when it first got a network
> connection and it had been at least an Hour (or Day) since it last
> checked.  Also, I thought it would force a check when yum finishes due
> to PackageKit-yum-plugin-0.3.10-1.fc9.x86_64.

Right, it still obays the timeout even in these cases - the logic being
when you resume you want to do something like check for email, and
checking for updates can be defered until you don't care.

You can edit the startup setting
using /apps/gnome-packagekit/force_get_updates_login -- this will ensure
you'll get notified as soon as you get network connectivity.

Richard.