tzdata in FC10 is older than the one in FC9

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 18:21:11 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 18:25 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> It's not in Fedora 11 rawhide either.
>
> Most likely the tzdata maintainer did not update rawhide first, with the
> usual "updates for Fedora X are newer than stuff in Fedora X+1) effects.

Even more likely was that the build /was/ done on devel first, and devel
was F-10.  But we were frozen and the build didn't automatically go into
rawhide.  Once the update goes out for F-10, it'll be inherited into F11
(rawhide).

In the future, the window where we are frozen but not branched will
either be extremely small or non-existent.  The improvements we've made
to the speed of the branching make it a far less costly task and more
suitable to do during the crunch time that is just before or just after
the final freeze.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!