Python tb trying to run sugar

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 19 03:31:59 UTC 2008

2008/11/18 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:07 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>> Wanted to try running Sugar on my up-to-date F10 install, but it
>> crashes right away:
>
>> ImportError: cannot import name dispatch
>>
>> Installed via yum groupinstall "SUGAR Desktop Environment"
>>
>> Anything obvious that I'm missing?
>
> Nope. Someone forgot a dep on python-ruledispatch.

I don't think that's it -- the actual line is "from sugar import
dispatch", not just "import dispatch". It seems that a chunk of sugar
is missing (or something). "yum provides
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/dispatch.py" doesn't find
anything, so I think something got left out.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec