Proposal - "Slow updates" repo

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 10:20:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> wrote:
> So, how do we minimize that breakage?
>
>    - Ensure that new features are tested, by humans and ideally a test suite.

I have a brief test plan for some of my packages on my wiki page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mbooth#Package_Maintenance

Although it's more of a personal /aide memoire/ rather than actual
test procedure, I'm sure it would also be useful to others who are
interested in testing my packages. It only takes a few minutes to go
through and if any of the things on that list do not work, I consider
it a bug. :-)

Would it be useful to mandate that maintainers provide a similar test
plan for all packages going through updates-testing in order to make
sure all the features are covered?

--
Mat Booth
www.matbooth.co.uk