Proposal - "Slow updates" repo

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 15:20:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 10:08 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> To solve 1., the metadata would have to carry the information for the
> security update even after it is obsoleted, and yum-security would have to
> understand that if foo-1.2.3 is a security update, the currently installed
> package is foo-1.2.2 and the current version in the repo is the bugfix
> update foo-1.2.4, it should install foo-1.2.4. Or alternatively, the latest
> security (or "bugfix for security", see above) update would have to be
> carried in the repos in addition to the latest overall.

Another way to solve 1 is to assign unique IDs to security issues (I
think we do that already) and have a perpetual list per package of
security issues that the packages resolve, regardless of the current
update reason.  This way the security plugin could check to see if the
version of the package they have already resolves the listed issues, and
if it doesn't, pull down whatever is there.  If it does, ignore the
update.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!