F11: things to check in a release tree before a release

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Nov 19 22:03:28 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> said:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:29:37 -0500 (EST), Seth Vidal wrote:
> > > • SONAME-provides conflicts
> >
> > explain more about what we check for here?
> > Is this like multiple things providing libfoo.so() and one of them being a
> > bogon autodep?
>
> Exactly. :)

I'd suggest expanding that to check perl (and other language) module
provides as well.

For example, for a while MRTG included a private copy of the RRD perl
modules, and "mrtg" was shorter than "rrdtool-perl", so anything using
the RRD modules would auto-dep pull in MRTG (which didn't solve the
dep).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>