My roadmap for a better Fedora

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 08:37:04 UTC 2008

On 2008-11-19, 22:39 GMT, David Nielsen wrote:
> One of the ideas with something like apport is that you can get
> it to send you the log files you need and other related
> information.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/reportbug and I am really sorry
that we don't have anything like that (with some GUI-love
possibly) available at Fedora.

> I would think something like this would at least reduce the
> amount of time you spend asking for log files and other
> information or at least compensate for the increased bug report
> count.

Preach it, brother!

> when a bug is filed through apport, it gives you the top
> reported bugs and the ones most similar to the one you are
> reporting to avoid duplicates.

bugzilla.mozilla.org has something like that as well and even
I found it quite difficult to use -- I would expect normal people
when meeting a list of incomprehensible bug summaries to do
exactly the same, what I would -- just skip it and hope that
mozilla bug triagers will close possible duplicate better than
myself.

Matěj