RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:29:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 14:33 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> The packaging guidelines have a single sentence on package summaries:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Summary_and_description
>
> "The summary should be a short and concise description of the package"

I've attached a list of packages that are very long or have large number
of words in the summary text.

Worst affected packages are:

atomix
atop
bouml
cohoba
crash
crash-devel
curlftpfs
ddrescue
devede
DivFix++
dwdiff
dxcc
efax
escape
gens
gens
GLC_Player
gmrun
gpsd-devel
gstreamer-plugins-bad-extras
gtk-sharp2-gapi
htdig-web
khmeros-fonts-handwritten
liblicense-cli
libnjb
libsvm-devel
mod_suphp
nautilus-search-tool
node
perl-Bit-Vector
perl-Carp-Clan
perl-GO-TermFinder
perl-HTTP-BrowserDetect
perl-IPC-Run3
perl-Lingua-EN-Numbers-Ordinate
perl-Object-MultiType
perl-Schedule-Cron-Events
php-pear-PHP-CompatInfo
ppl-gprolog-static
ppl-yap-static
rmap
R-RScaLAPACK
rss2email
smc
smstools
tcldom
tclxml
twolame
wraplinux
xmlsec1
xqilla
xqilla10
yum-remove-with-leaves
yum-rpm-warm-cache

Most important from a desktop point of view (likely to be shown in the
deps dialog) are:

atomix
bouml
cohoba
devede
DivFix++
fslint
gens
gmrun
nautilus-search-tool

Is there an automated way to get the maintainer email address for a
package? Then I can email the maintainers semi-automatically rather than
create ~60 bug reports.

Richard.