What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 20 20:08:00 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 20 novembre 2008 à 13:57 -0500, Casey Dahlin a écrit :

> I've always hated these sorts of requirements. "Its wrong, but we
> should
> keep it because its always been wrong." WTF?! Let them adapt and
> survive. If we were always worried about this sort of thing we'd
> still
> be using Windows, and most of the reason Windows is crap largely because
> of its insistence on stone-age-compliance.

Bugzilla is used by 10s of other open source projects. Any experienced
Fedora bug reporter will have used the issue trackers of those project
and be used to their interface.

You can offer a "better" façade for new users but if you don't *also*
offer the façade experienced bug reporters are used to you will
instantly lose reports from all the people most suceptible to write
something useable.

That's what the projects that use the sf POS or launchpad do not
understand

--
Nicolas Mailhot