What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Nov 21 09:28:57 UTC 2008

On Wed November 19 2008, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> This question is (for now) most a question of interest and curiosity.
> Maybe one day I may be bored and try to rewrite Bugzilla, who knows.

If you want to write a Bugtracker for Fedora, it would be nice to support the
special needs of Fedora. What I am missing is the possibility of having
several people beeing responsible for a Component, which is currently only
partly possible. There is the initial CC list, but when a bug is reassigned
to a different component, the members of the initial CC list of the old
component are not removed from the list.

Also it is not easily possible store within one bug report which Fedora
release and which package versions are affected. The NEVR of the package is
only added by some reporters in the initial comment, but not within some
dedicated field. Also having several bug reports for the same bug but on
different Fedora releases would mean to create up to four bug reports, with
independend CC lists and independant comment flows, but most of the comments
would be normally relevant to all Fedora releases.

Regards,
Till